In attendance: Glenn and Andrew
We went to the PSU Microwave Lab in the FAB and tested all three CPAs that were built out in Nevada on the HP 8753E vector network analyzer (VNA). Here are the results.
- Opening up CPA has no effect as we thought.
- Patch is pretty impervious to metal around it.
- Corporate feed network is pretty sensitive; we see an increase in bandwidth but VSWR stays the same.
|Resonance||2.293 (SWR = 1.07)|
- Wrapping a magazine around the antenna brouht F down 10MHz, SWR went from 1.05 to 1.2.
Polyester sweatshirt had no noticeable effect.
Using CPA_6, 2.293 GHz implies a dielectric constant of 1.279
|Resonance||1.524 (SWR = 1.07)|
- Using CPA_6, 1.524 GHz implies Er = of 1.225
- Using CPA_6, 1.524 GHz implies Er = 1.209