Overview: The launch tower has a long-distance wireless Linux-based x86 computer to sequence the launch, which includes warning sirens, shore power for the rocket, and various safety interlocks.
- Launch Tower Computer (LTC): A Linux-based x86 PC104 stack with Lucent Orinoco 802.11b card and CAN.
- 24dBi 2.4GHz 802.11b parabolic dish antenna ("BBQ" grill antenna).
- Launch Tower Relay (LTR) board: PIC18F458-based CAN node with four relays and some analog sampling.
- RocketReady Relay (RRR) board: PIC18F458-based board which provides rocketready relay interlock in firing chain.
- Launch Igniter Circuit: igniter circuit for launch igniter.
- Umbilical cord: Connects LV2 to the electronics box. Provides shore power, includes rocketready relay interlock.
- Launch Tower Power System:Solar array, charge controller, and battery