8:00am - 11:00am at
- Prioritization and schedule of our critical path stuff: APS, GPS, Magnetometer, etc.
- Prototype APS (Avionics Power Systems) battery selection, architecture and design handoff to Ted and Ivan.
- GPS stuff.
- TR: Split the battery pack? RF Section and other? Use a polyfuse on the RF section?
- AG: Let's try shorting across a polyfuse to see what happens to the rest of the avionics
What we decided to do: keep the APS just as it is now (a glorified power switch with some power monitoring) and have Ted and Ivan develop an independent battery charging circuit with a charging IC.
We decided on a 4 cell pack: however, this means that we need a power switch on the WiFi and on the ATV power amp. Probably just a comparator and an IPS with a NAND gate that doesn't let the PIC turn on the amplifiers if the bus voltage is > 15V (or whatever their V limits are). See data sheets, but: ATV power amp has 16V max input, WiFi power amp has a 15V? limit).
The IC that charges the battery packs: one per pack:
- Charge the freakin' battery when the PIC says there's shore power.
- Battery state of charge
- Battery current and voltage
- Digital interface to the PIC, like SPI or I2c
|TR|| 1. Get Andrew the graphs for the Kodak batteries if possible.
|2004/07/15||PCB's soldered up (hardware done)|
Reduce Andrew's bloodpressure's timeline:
|2004/07/07||PCB's soldered up (hardware done)|