- OREO launch May 18-19 but experimental day on Fri or Monday; want to launch on a Sunday so that we don’t do a weekday (too many people would have a problem with that).
- Otherwise, would like to avoid final exams (2nd week in June).
- Drive down on Friday evening/Saturday morning, launch Sunday morning, return late Sunday.
- LAUNCH SET FOR JUNE 22 – 23, 2002
- Use old one unless we can move to the private site (Brian will check)
- Also looking into the Christmas Valley – Bart may have a chance to look around there.
- Leaving Friday afternoon, some leave early Saurday morning for site.
- Set-up and test all day Saturday.
- Double launch Sunday morning and afternoon:
- Airframe only on M2400.
- Airframe and avionics on N.
- Leave Sunday evening.
- First run of a coupling between modules went well.
- Working on ejection system.
- Working on fin design.
- Things are going really well - the first CAN system is up and running.
- Working on the various CAN nodes (Paul, Nate and Andrew).
- Working on a Linux-based CAN bus analyzer using the 82527 (James).
- Much of the FC software in place, waiting for actual hardware.
- Some thoughts:
- Can we put together 802.11b cards w/different antennas? Binkley might be able to help.
- Use Binkley’s antenna?
- Can we connect the smart battery and charger directly to the FC via the onboard I2C bus? We could then you Linux's built in ACPI stuff (possibly - depends on charge controller).
- Nothing new: ready with N motors.
Next Wednesday 2/13:
- Meet with Canyon Aerospace guy at 5:00pm in FAB 155.
- ACM presentation at 7:00pm.
Next next Wednesday 2/20:
- CECS presentation @ Engineering Week meeting.
[Ignore this line, test of Twiki moved to PSAS server]