This is the launch site where we launched LV1 and LV1b. It's located on BLM land right past the non-existant town of Millican, Oregon.
In winter, don't forget to carry chains or traction devices when crossing the Cascade summits.
- Lat: 43 deg 52' 30" N
- Lon: 121 deg 00' 57" W
- Alt: 4,208 ft MSL
- Take US-26 out of Portland
- Go Southeast on US-26 to US-97 for 111.6 miles
- Go South on US-97 to US-20 for 41.0 miles
- Go Southeast on US-20 approximately 22 miles
- You are now about 4 miles away from Millican.
- Look for gravel road on your right. There should be a sign that says "To China Hat Rd". Turn right onto this gravel rd. The actual name of this road is Ft. Rock Rd. (this sign may have been replaced with newer looking sign).
- Travel down Ft. Rock Rd.(road not marked) approximately 2.5 miles
- Take acute left turn onto gravel road, This road is Ford Rd. (road not marked)
- Travel down Ford Rd. 0,5 miles. There should be a small dirt road on your right (no name).
- Turn right on this road, you should now be able to see cars at the launch site on your left
- You are there!
- If you travel down Ford Rd too far you will intersect Spencer Well Rd (a paved road): turn around, you've gone to far.
Here's a short video (1.4M) of the launch site.