2009-10-01 SCRUB DECISION
WAs of 8:00am Thursday October 1st, we've decided to scrub the PSAS BRD launch this year for a whole variety of reasons, including nasty weather, bad logistics, rocket work we want to have done, and the fact that there's a launch in two weeks in Brothers. Note that the BALLS 18 event is still on for this weekend, we just won't be officially attending or launching as a group.
Everyone needs to register prior to September 28th in order to go. Registration is $40/each.
|Tue 9/22||Go/No go decision; send in registration forms.|
|Tue 9/29||Final "Go/No go" decision because of weather).|
|Fri 10/2||Drive all day from PDX to BRD (takes ~ 10 Hrs).|
|Sat 10/3||Setup ground systems, watch other rocket launches! Possible launch?|
|Sun 10/4||Launch around noon.|
|Mon 10/5||Drive all day from BRD to PDX (takes ~ 10 Hrs).|
Most of us will be driving there, in trucks and cars. Some folks will fly into Reno and rent cars/RVs in Reno and drive up (the BRD is about 2 hours from Reno).
You can stay at Bruno's Motel if there's room, but you have to reserve them ASAP. Most of us will camp.
Don't forget to bring food and a ton of water, sunscreen, hats, sunglasses, etc etc because it's a nasty dusty desert environment.
- Dave in white compensator with Casey and Forest
- Eric in +3 from hood river
- Dan in black compensator, Jeremy, Nathan
- Jamey, Sarah and two others in prius
- Andrew, Tim, in the van, maybe Jason
- Glenn and Bruce driving from CA (arriving Friday)
- Alex is coming, will drive or carpool as necessary.
- Steven might come? He'll fly in, of course.
- Bart's plans?
What we're launching
We're most likely going to just do one or more "airframe only" launches. However, we may have active roll control(!).
- Modified saw horses for the rocket
- Generator (Casey)