Airframe To do
- Get resin infusion supplies
- Test resin infusion
- Motor fairing
- Get plans from Matt
- Get tubing
- Motor coupler
- Get plans from Matt
- Make coupler
- Find a machine shop and machine them
- Make some simple tooling
- Machine plastic plug
- Make a mold off the plug
- Make tip
- make aeroshell (probably same system as before)
- Recovery System
- Get and characterize recovery igniters
- Separation system
- Launch lugs (made)
- Launch materials
- Get motor
- Get motor igniters
- Modules: 2d of work
- Glassing: 2w of work
- Recovery System build and test: 1w of work
- Misc integration: 2w of work
Total: 6 weeks (6/6) - 12 weeks (7/18) - 18 weeks (8/29)
- Eric and Dan get the modules machined
- Tim sets up the vacuum system
- Order big things that we want on the grant
- Ask Maggie about parachutes
- Andrew gets dimensions and/or actual motor casing from Matt
Avionics Team to do Pre-launch ==============================
- Recovery node (REC)
- Get and characterize new igniters
- Manual safety as before
- design and test Igniter circuitry
- Power supply
- Prototype existing supply
- backup power supply
- Pressure sensor
- Set up repository for code
- Basic FreeRTOS implementation on 2148
- Hardware API
- Write the actual damn firmware
- New avionics system module (or just a temp?)
- Needs shore power for REC node - umbilical
- System integration and test
- Radio subsystem? Is this a daughter board?
- transmit (for debug?)
- receive (for arming?)
- Long wire antenna?
- Launch Tower Controller (LTC)
- Shore power rework
- Remove RRR
- Hardware stuff
- Sensor pick design and test - 2w
- Igniter test - 1d
- Prototype SPS - 3w
- HAP - 3w
- Firmware stuff - 2w
- Dust off stuff - 3d
- Integration stuff - 1w
Total: 12w (7/18)
- Andrew gets Igniters.
- Get workshops going (EAGLE, git, etc).
- Jason and Maria gets sensors and prototype sensors.
- Bruce and Joel and Sarah get FreeRTOS and ARM tools up and running.
- Set up git repository and accounts for everyone.
Communication Team to do Pre-launch ===================================
- Better GC-LTC communication (higher poles, or different dish?)
- REC radio link?
- Possibly get ATV up and running?
- ATV TX and PA
- new CPA
Software to do Pre-launch =========================
- Hack launchcontrol
Ground Team to do Pre-launch ============================
- Things to dust off
- Launch Tower? Or a newer, smaller one?
- Resurrect launch control table
- LTC (also see Avionics above)
- Batteries, solar, etc.
So, we decided to go with a launch date between the best and mid-case. Which is probably still optimistic (!). But now we have a real timeline, which is nice: it's time to get to work!
- T-45 days (July 5th): Sanity check and FAA waiver deadline (check OROC)
- Preliminary launch date: August 18th, 2007 (during Oregon Rocketry's Desert EXtreme)