In attendance: Tim Brandon, Eric Hettinger, Brian O’Neel, Evan Waymire
Since the hybrid team has been on a hiatus for the last couple of months due to schedules, today’s meeting was to discuss where we are at in the project and how we should prioritize our work to be done.
We have decided to focus on collecting regression rate data from the gaseous oxygen hybrid before continuing on with the liquid oxygen motor.
In order to do this the following tasks need to be addressed:
Create working Regression Rate Sensor
- Electrically connecting high resistance rungs to lower resistance rails.
- Uniformity and repeatability of rung resistance
- Number of rungs
- Running signal from rails to outside of combustion chamber.
Spin Cast Useable Paraffin Grains
- Crack of paraffin grain on drive end of fixture.
- Poor loading method
- Central port needs clearing after cooling
- Need to nail down cooling times and spin velocities.
Characterize Metering Orifice
- Redo test to get a more accurate mass flow rate.
Switch Test stand over to Labview
- Sequence entire firing with Labview and eliminate Flextek controller.
- Locate 4-way 12 vdc solenoid or add extra channel to test stand driver board and use two 2-way 12vdc solenoids for oxygen ball valve actuation
Finish Rev.2 Motor
- Finish machining components
- Calculate allowable stresses for snap rings and snap ring groves.
- Update CAD drawings.
Static Test Fire 100 scfm Gox Motor
- Outline objectives.
- Script test.
- Set fire date.
We will try to complete the metering orifice characterization this week and reconfigure the test stand to do a static firing with the 100 scfm metering orifice by the end of April.
We will use the current combustion chamber for these tests but plan to move to the new combustion chamber once it is completed.
The next hybrid meeting will be in two weeks.
Rerun metering orifice characterization test
Work on Labview
Continue lathe work on version 2 gox motor
Work on spin caster issues
Work on spin caster issues, research Hemholtz method of regression measurement