In attendance: Glenn, Tim, Timr, Dave H, and Andrew & Solomon (just to drop off equipment)
Summary: Someone put a summary here.
- Timr adds a pass-through to the bell jar base plate (done)
- Glenn makes final balun for slot (not done)
- Tim makes a flat Teflon-dielectric CPA (not done)
Need to bring/have:
- Bell jar, base, CPA's, vacuum pump, power strip, hoses, avionics module - Andrew
- All reference dipoles and new slot balun - Glenn
- Patch cords, automotive vacuum gauge - Timr
- Teflon gluing process? teflon-dielectric flat CPA? - Tim
The test plan:
- Suck tests
- Test Wifi CPA in bell jar at room pressure.
- Suck on Wifi: as many points as possible, at least 0, 35,000ft, vacuum. Then go down to look for hysteresis. How fast does the foam expand and contract? How long until it stabilizes?
- Suck on GPS as above.
- Suck on ATV as above.
- Slot antennas
- f0/SWR on WiFi slot
- f0/SWR on GPS slot
- f0/SWR on ATV slot
- f0/SWR on WiFi dipole
- f0/SWR on ATV dipole
If there's time left:
- Do some crude propogation tests on WiFi and ATV slots using reference dipoles.
- f0/SWR on Teflon CPA.
SCRN00.JPG: WiFi CPA on bell jar base. Bell not yet placed over it.
SCRN01.JPG: This is a junk image. Accidently recorded.
SCRN02.JPG: WiFi CPA in jar at 1 ATM.
SCRN03.JPG: WiFi CPA in jar at -8 in. Hg
SCRN04.JPG: WiFi CPA in jar at -14 in. Hg
SCRN05.JPG: WiFi CPA in jar at -27 in. Hg
SCRN06.JPG: WiFi CPA in jar at 27.5 in. Hg for about 2 minutes.
SCRN07.JPG: WiFi CPA in jar back at 1 ATM; Measurement taken immediately.
_SCRN08.JPG: _ WiFi CPA in jar back at 1 ATM; Measurement taken after 2 minutes.
SCRN09.JPG: WiFi CPA after jar removed.
SCRN10.JPG: 2.4 GHz reference dipole.
_SCRN11.JPG: _ 2.4 GHz reference dipole.
SCRN12.JPG: 1.5 GHz slot with nothing behind the apature. When the avionics playload is placed behind the apature, the SWR becomes real bad (> 5:1 SWR) at all frequencies.
SCRN13.JPG: 1.2 GHz CPA on bell jar base. Bell not yet placed over it.
SCRN14.JPG: 1.2 GHz CPA in jar at 1 ATM.
SCRN15.JPG: 1.2 GHz CPA in jar at -8?? in. Hg
SCRN16.JPG: 1.2 GHz CPA in jar at -21 in. Hg
SCRN17.JPG: 1.2 GHz CPA in jar at -23 in. Hg
SCRN18.JPG: 1.2 GHz CPA back at 1 ATM and jar removed.
SCRN19.JPG: I'm not sure what this is.