"Version 2" Cylindrical Patch Antenna design.
Construction, from the inside out:
- 5.25" OD 1/8" thick Al airframe module (the avionics module)
- 0.005" soft copper (ground plane)
- 1/16" double-sticky foam PE tape (dielectric)
- 0.005" double-sided PCB (corporate feed network and radiator)
- Here's information on calculating the Er of polyethylene foam tape.
- Here is an Excel spreadsheet that calculates the CPA dimension, AND generates EAGLE commands to lay up the antennas: cpa calculator 6.xls
- Here is the EAGLE CAD and Gerber files of the 3 different antennas: cylindrical patch antennas.zip