- Brian is going to get the FAA waiver for BLM land right next to the current OREO launch site. This way we can always scoot over to the nicer OREO site, or stay on BLM land if the land owner doesn't want us on his land.
- 20 miles to old site from Bend, then 13 more miles.
- This means 4 - 4.5 hours to the launch site.
- Brian will eventually (after he's hitched) post a map to the site.
Launch Site Stuff:
- It's a very rocky road out to the launch site. Most cars should be ok, but don't bring your low-rider.
- Plan for very warm, sunny days.
- Plan for very, very cold nights if you're camping (and good stargazing).
- Brothers is about a mile away and has a store (wow!).
- Leave Friday June 21st morning ( ~ 10:00am).
- Set up all day Friday.
- Saturday June 22nd noon launch on M.
- Sunday June 23rd morning launch on n.
- Larry is going to do rental stuff - 2x 8' tables, 12x chairs, tent (20' x 10' - 20'), 1x portapotty, general snacky foods, marking of the site.
- June 1: DRY RUN.
- Brian - get 3 generators
- Cars: Jim's trailer, Andrew's van, Brian's truck, Matt's truck, Jimmy's truck and trailer.
- NEXT GENERAL MEETING - Tuesday June 4TH, TUESDAY June 18th