ARTS-2 Flight Computer SOP
- Program the ARTS-2
- Connect 9v power, and RS-232 serial cable
- Start up Data Analyzer application from Ozark Aerospace
- Specify com port if necessary
- Verify correct operation of ARTS-2
- Goto altimeter->diagnostics
- Press chirp to test tone generation
- With pyros disconnected, click boomer/sw, both pyros should show bad. Switch 2 should show 'off', and switch 1 show 'on'
- Connect the resisor/led combo to each pyro channel, click boomer/sw to verify that the respective channel shows OK. Also test-fire each pyro with the respective LED to make sure it lights the LED.
- Setup profiles
- We will be using flight profile 1 (one). Make sure respective dip switch on (dip switch 1 should be 'On')
- Goto the Altimeter->Configuration
- Verify Profile 1 is configured to deploy drogue at apogee, and main at 1000ft, with a 50hz sample rate. You can 'Load from Alt', and verify these numbers, and 'Save to Alt'. When saving to alt for profile 1, you'll hear 1 beep.
- Verify Profile 2 is configured do deploy channel 1 at apogee, channel 2 at 1000ft, and a 50 hz rate... Just to be safe, save this to the altimeter. When saving to alt for profile 2, you'll hear 2 beeps.
- Power on ARTS-2 Flight Computer
- You should hear 3-beeps, pause, 3-beeps, pause, 3beeps pause and so on. This means that there is pyro continuity on both pyro channels. Anything other than this indicates a problem.
- Power down ARTS2
- Connect ARTS-2 Flight computer to serial port on host computer
- Start Data Analyzer application
- Goto altimeter->download flight data
- It will download
- Goto flight->save as, save to a file.
- Goto flight->export as->Interpreted Data, save to respective file.
- Goto flight->export as->Raw Data, save to respective file.