LV2 CAN Node with PicCore Development Tools
First of all, a million thanks to the people at HI-TECH Software for donating for seats of the PICC-18 compiler to our project!
You'll need the following hardware:
- A workstation (pref. a laptop for portability) with:
- >= 1024 x 768 screen
- USB port
- A stable Win 98SE or XP installation
- In Circuit Debugging (ICD) setup:
- MPLAB ICD2 "puck"
- USB cable
- The appropriate ICD2 to node cable: usually 6pin RJ11 to v2 Can Node 2mm connector, or a 6 pin RJ11 to v3 CAN Node JED connector
- LV2 CAN Node:
- The PCB and any application stuff you require (e.g., GPS, IMU, etc.)
- "CAN" cable (twisted pair)
- 9 - 12V DC power supply (CHECK THE CURRENT REQUIREMENTS!)
- CANtalope Setup for monitor CAN messages
- CANtalope board
- Power supply
- CAN cable
- CANtalope software, which may require another computer w/serial port running Linux
You'll need the software installations:
- MPLAB IDE v6.43: Get the full install, feel free to get documentation and such).
- PICC-18 v8.30 C Cross-Compiler: Get the latest executable, currently 8.30
- PICC-18 v8.30 patch for MPLAB: You'll need this too.
And you'll need to set up the software in the following way:
- MPLAB v6.43 settings (e.g., project settings and configuration bits)
- PICC-18 V8.30: Install it and contact Andrew:
NOTE: DO NOT INSTALL THESE TOOLS WITHOUT READING THE INSTALATION INSTRUCTIONS!!