PSAS Administrator's Collaborative Webpage
Things still to do:
Virtual Hosting Setup
Here is virtual host map of the PSAS subdomains:
The structure of the PSAS site is something like:
Main (index: main navigation, announcements)
- Introduction - The glossy brochure stuff
- Schedule - Scheduled meetings, history
- Projects - LV0, LV1, LV2, etc.
- Teams - Airframe, Avionics, Etc
- Resources - Links, papers, applications, etc.
- Contacts - address, email, maps, mailing lists
This site is running Ikiwiki 3.20101231.
Authenticating Group Members
User's can set up their own accounts, given a little information. Authentication requires:
- A user name. We suggest using FirstLast for clarity.
- A password.
- An account creation password (ask another member for this).
- An email address.
Mailman Superlist psas-all
The psas-all list is automatically generated as the union of all the addresses on all the other lists that start with the string "psas-", except the psas-announce list. This is accomplished with a cron job that runs every hour, located in /etc/cron.d/local:
23 * * * * list /usr/local/sbin/gen-psas-all
The /usr/local/sbin/gen-psas-all script is:
#!/bin/bash exec /usr/local/sbin/gen-combined-list \ --match="^psas" --except="^psas-announce$" psas-all
the /usr/local/sbin/gen-combined-list is a bit large, and is attached below.
Setting up another similar superlist would just require a crontab entry and a helper shell script.
- gen-combined-list: bash script to generate combined mailman list
Most of the information on setting up git, and setting up people for git, is found on the git page.