We're planning on a summer 2013 (June?) launch, so we better get our butts in gear. We sketched out a lot of the avionics system as we'd like to launch this summer, and worked on the design decisions for the ECE capstone "rocketnet" board.
Avionics block diagram sketch.
here is a PDF of a block diagram / connection diagram of what we hope to launch in summer 2013. It's pretty rough, sorry, we'll refine it this Tuesday.
Rocketnet board decisions
- Use the Micrel KSZ8997 Ethernet switch IC. It's old, but it has 8 ports. Requires PHY chip for the STM32.
- Use the LQFP100 pin package for the STM32F407xxx.
- Use the TPS2590 hot-swap controller for power switches (goes up to 5A)
- Umbilical cord really at the max # of wires (5) - let's not go past that, so let's put shore power on the ethernet lines and use a single line for RocketReady which won't be looked at until Shore Power is off anyway.
- Might as well put all the sensors - pressure, MPU, ADIS - on a single Ethernet board. No reason to have lots of them.
- Control board is a separate board just to be pedantic and to prove out the Ethernet control system.
TODOs in priority order
- Sensor daughterboard: MPU-9050 + pressure + ADIS
- Control daughterboard: RC SPS + RC connector
- Rockethub PCB: for ECE capstone
- New cables and whatnot, including rewiring the USB cables to the GPS and WiFi and recover one USB port for external use.
- Finish BQ3060 PCB: update with the right spacing and heights for the batteries based on the current battery board.