- Andrew, Jackson, JJ, Michael
Requirements the Avionics Power/Data Distribution Board
- Fit in avionics module on the top "shelf".
- Have connectors for (TBD,7,TBD) nodes
- Distribute Vbat (Lipo battery pack voltage - (10,14.7,20) to all nodes.
- Act as a voltage switch to each node.
- Act as a adjustable current circuit breaker for each node.
- Respond to short circuits within (,10,TBD) ms
- Retry at a known rate (,TBD,) ms
- Has soft start
- TBD: Max/min current requirements on nodes
- Have a 4S LiPo (4 Ahr) battery charger
- Must charge battery within (0.5,,2) hrs
- Must be a Smart Battery System (SBS) charger
- Distribute data to each node that needs it.
- Distributing (10,100,) Mb Ethernet
- TBD: Distribute other buses: USB/CAN/serial/aux
- TBD: Distribution system must be robust (simple, direct, controllable ("rebootable"))
- Have an onboard microcontroller
- Communicate to FC/LTC over Ethernet
- Communicate to SBS (fuel gauge, battery charger)
- TBD: LPC2468 or STM32F407
- Have working firmware
- Redesign GFE SPS system
- Circuit breakers have electronically adjustable current limits.
- Circuit breakers talk on some kind of serial bus (I2C/SPI/etc)
- What are the shore power voltage and current requirements?
- Should we use POE for shore power?
- "ikiwiki" - http://psas.pdx.edu/
- WPRs come via email
- All other docs must be in wiki in /avionics
- CRITICAL: hand-off documentation (for handoff to PSAS engineers)
- Schematics and library files in git
- Writeups on component value/choice
- User's manual/notes/etc