PSU ECE Capstone 2012-2013 Project: RocketNet Hub
|Team members||Jackson, JJ, Michael|
|Academic Advisor||Rick Campbell|
The 2012-2013 ECE capstone team is designing a central "RocketNet hub" board that:
- Distributes battery voltage to all nodes via soft-start current-limited switches.
- Distributes 10/100 Mb Ethernet to all nodes via an Ethernet switch.
- Interfaces two other auxiliary signals to each node (USB, CAN, serial, etc).
- Interfaces with the Umbilical cord:
- The umbilical provides shore power, Ethernet from the LTC, and a "launch detect" signal.
- The umbilical takes the safety-critical "rocketready" launch interlock signal from the rocket.
- Provides a SBS battery charger to charge the on-board LiPo battery pack.
- Which is all controlled by a STM32F407Vx microcontroller and switching power supply.
Capstone Specific Documents
- Grading Criteria (from meeting notes)
- Poster Design
- Final Presentation
- Final Report