This board is an Ethernet-based node that controls the servo in the roll control module. It also provides a launch detect. Currently the board is based on the Olimex STM32-E407 dev board with a custom "shield" that we made.
- Use the standard rocket bus voltage: Vbus = (10,14.8,20) V
- Use only the recommended (,,3) A current draw for the rocketnet connector
- Provide a 6V, 2A power supply for the roll control servo
- Provide the PWM signal to drive the servo to a known angle, based on a command from the FC's roll control algorithm.
- Detect launch using a shorting jumper.
- Servo: JR Servo DS8717 "Ultra Speed Cyclic" servo
- Rated at Vin = 4.8 - 6.0V, with no currents given in the tech specs
- A tech note hints at 2.2 A
- 6V SPS: Castle Creations CC BEC Pro "Battery Eliminator Circuit" (= step down SPS)
- Future: the "CC BEC" 10 A version is cheaper and should handle the single servo just fine.