360 degree video capture system
Zack, with Dave's help, is putting together a rocket module that captures 60 fps (?) video in a 360 degree arc around the rocket during flight. Cool as heck: see [examples?] for some examples of what this looks like.
Requirements and Specifications
- Uses 5 GoPro HERO3 "Black edition" cameras
- Requires shore power to charge GoPro batteries: 5V @ 500 mA each, which means 5V @ 2.5 A total.
- Needs an open collector signal pulse to begin recording.
- How do we turn the cameras on when the rocket is on the pad?
- Can we turn off recording / restart from the beginning if we have multiple on-pad aborts?
- How do the recovery teams turn off the cameras when the rocket is recovered?
- Use one of the rocketnet-hub ports to power one of our standard Vbat to 5V SPS. We should have a 5V/3A one available (but double check).
- Open collector signal can come from any STM32 board. Probably roll control is best.